Thursday 5 May 2016

Believe in yourself

Never allow people to define your life



Nothing Will Work If You Don’t Believe In It
You are you. You don't need anyone's approval to be you. People attach so much importance to what others have to say about them before they can be themselves. You are you without anyone's approval or validation. Stop making others feel they control your life or they own your life. You own your life! you are you and you can be a better you without them.

The biggest difference I’ve noticed between successful people and unsuccessful people isn’t intelligence or opportunity or resources. It’s the belief that they can make their goals happen.

We all deal with vulnerability, uncertainty, and failure. Some of us trust that if we move forward anyway, then we will figure it out. As I sit here on Thanksgiving, I’m thankful that I’m one of these people.

When I started my business, I was the only entrepreneur in our family in the last century. I didn’t have anyone to learn from, but I trusted that I would figure it out anyway.

When I was kicked off a train in the middle of the night while traveling through Hungary, I was lost and confused. I couldn’t find anyone who spoke English, so as the train pulled away I ran along side, hopped back on, and trusted that I would figure it out anyway.

When I’ve discovered an opportunity that sounds awesome but that I’m not qualified for (which happens often), I trust that I’ll figure it out and go for it anyway.

I believe in myself. This confidence has made the difference for me again and again. I didn’t need intelligence or opportunity or resources. Just a simple belief in myself.
     - Anointed Harrison

No comments:

Post a Comment